Hold the driver who killed your loved one accountable in court

On Behalf of | Feb 3, 2017 | Car Accidents

Hearing the news that your loved one was killed in a fatal car accident is a shock that most people hope they never have to experience. If you are one of the unfortunate ones who has to experience this horror, you will likely go through a range of emotions. Once you stop and think about what happened, you might decide that you don’t want the person who struck your loved one to get away with it.

One thing that you can do in this case is to file a wrongful death lawsuit. This holds the person accountable for his or her negligence in the civil court system. We know that this won’t bring your loved one back. It isn’t going to bring the support that the decedent provided for you back.

The wrongful death lawsuit can help you to recoup some of the money that you lost because of the fatal accident. This could include the income that your loved one would have made to support you and your family if the accident didn’t occur. It can also include the money to cover the funeral and burial expenses.

This case requires a lower standard of proof than what is present in a criminal trial. This means that even if there isn’t a criminal case opened or if that case is unsuccessful, you can still file a civil claim and that claim might be successful.

We know that you never thought you would be in this position. We are here lend a compassion ear to you while we fight hard to get you the compensation you deserve.


FindLaw Network